It’s easier to get started on a Naturopathic lifestyle than you may think.
1) You can begin familiarizing yourself with information right away. In addition to the reading you’re doing on this web site, spend some time in the complementary and alternative medicine (CAM) section of your local bookstore. There is more information readily available today about natural medicine than ever before! Or visit your local health food store to check out products, magazines and bulletin boards.
2) The next step is to assess what you want out of your life, health-wise. Think about your level of health today and where you’d like to be. Writing this out may help, along with writing a list of initial questions you have.
IMPORTANT NOTE: When selecting a provider, be sure you find a licensed Naturopathic Physician. The means that he/she will have graduated from one of the accredited ND schools in North America, and will have passed board exams in order to hold a license in one of the states or provinces.
4) Call the doctor to get your initial questions answered
Many NDs offer a brief initial interview to address your basic questions prior to making your first appointment, so be sure to ask when you call. You’ll find there are integrated clinics as well as sole-practitioner clinics to choose from.
5) Then schedule your initial consultation and look forward to a doctor’s appointment you will really enjoy!
6) Check with your insurance plan. You may be surprised to find out that some or all of the treatments you receive are covered.
7) Prepare for your appointment by writing down your concerns and questions. Pay close attention to your health and daily activities prior to the visit, as seemingly innocuous symptoms may be related to your more prominent ailments.